Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gracie: Painting

Everybody loves to paint, especially me.
I take art lessons, and am in TAV, Talented In The Visual Arts.
When people paint, usually they use special brushes and paints. When I paint, I tend to use acrylic paints and small, not that fancy brushes. When using watercolor I always use paints that are in thaws fancy tubes. Why? For me, they are always easier to move around and if I only need 2 colors, then I can just bring 2 tubes instead of a whole palette thingy.
When you are about to paint with acrylic or watercolor, and this is quite obvious with WATERcolor, make sure you have some water in a little cup.
When you finish with one brush, make sure that you wash it thoroughly. I dry my brushes on a little bamboo mat that you van roll ip with all igneous brushes inside of it.
When you are done painting, make sure that your painting is in a safe place where it can dry in peace. :). My brother and I have a small table that we call The Gallery because we leave our paintings to dry there, but please can still look at them.
If you have no idea what to paint, here are some ideas:
1. You should paint something about how you feel. If you are sad, paint something sad. SadLY, some people think that means paint someONE sad. You can do that too, but I'd rather have people look at it and think: "though this piece of artwork doesn't say 'I am sad' it portrays its feelings quite well"
2. If you love nature, I'm sure that if you paint outside on a nice Spring day, some masterpiece will come of that blank canvas collecting dust in that old closet.
3. Paint someone that you love. It could be your boyfriend, your mom, your brother, your dad or so on. Make sure that that person can stay still for a long time!!
Happy Painting ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment