Sunday, February 19, 2012

Gracie: Luck

There are lucky symbols, lucky necklaces and pendants, and lucky statues. 
The definition of luck is "success or failure apparently brought by chance rather than through one's own actions
So, when I say that I'm lucky, I'm pretty much saying that a lot of things that have happened to my have been brought by chance. 
In my opinion, luck is just family and friends standing up for you, or helping you. They are like those "lucky angels" that you see on TV. 
When you fall, it isn't luck that picks you up, and when you get into a car accident, it isn't luck that helped you live. It was the driver, that brick wall, or maybe that bridge that saved you. 
And when it is that driver, the only time it should be someone you don't know, would be when your in a foreign country in a taxi, or maybe in another state. Of course, it could be a limo driver, but I count those as really safe. 
Sometimes you can get caught up in the moment and think that rubbing your pendant caused your favorite football team to win the Superbowl, but really, I think it was due to the amount of practice that they did. 
When time stops and you realize that your just kidding yourself, that can be one of the best feelings ever because you know that team or person doesn't rely on luck itself. Of course, sometimes it feels like that warming fire as burned out and you are stuck in the cold mountains all alone because you feel like you can't do anything anymore. 
That's what I think. You may have a different opinion on the matter, but I think that if you take a moment and decipher the code, you can really understand: Luck may be real, but you are the controller of whether you need to user it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment