Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Evy: "The Glory Field" Review

I just finished reading Walter Dean Meyer's "The Glory Field" as part of my English required reading. I decided I'd review it for you guys, in case you want to read it for pure enjoyment.

RATING: 4 of 5 stars
AGE GROUP*: 12+
GENRE: Black History, Historic Fiction
AUTHOR: Walter Dean Meyer
REVIEW: "The Glory Field" was an inspiring story showing several different generations of an African-American family: how they learned to thrive and survive as slaves, and how they came to love the land they worked. Personally, it's not a book I would read for personal enjoyment -- but to be fair, I'm not the biggest fan of historic fiction in general. I recommend this book for readers twelve years or older, as subtle suggestiveness and minor word choice is used (there are no obscenities throughout the book, however, racism is a topic and the perspective it is viewed from is debatable). It's a tasteful book and isn't for one who desires adventure, mystery, and wonder on every page.

*The recommended ages due to book content.

No comments:

Post a Comment