Sunday, February 19, 2012

Evy: Homesickness

I just left my cousins' house and I probably won't see them for several months or a year. That missing-you feeling is normal with me because I visit them at least twice a year, and I've learned ways to cope with the feeling.
Whether its homesickness, missing a friend or family member, or just feeling lonely, you should always...
1) Keep in touch with them! I email, text, and play online games with friends and cousins I'm feeling homesick for. Sometimes reminders of people make you even worse, but hearing from them really clears up the feeling.
2) Put your mind on other things too! Draw, write, shop, cook, clean, play...go on with your life because eventually the homesickness will fade.
I want to give a special shout-out to my cousin Gracie (yes, the very Gracie that I share this blog with). Hi, Gracie!!! See you soon!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment