Friday, March 23, 2012

Evy: Pre-UIL Today :(

Hi sticky sock monkeys!
I'm not sure if they have Pre-UIL or UIL competitions where you are for your Fine Arts programs (band, orchestra, dance troupe, acting, choir, etc.), but where I am they do! I'm not exactly sure what UIL stands for, but it's a scoring competition, basically. Since UIL is a big deal, they even have a Pre-UIL, telling you what the UIL judges might count off for and how to pretty much improve your score. I had Pre-UILs today...and I'm afraid we'll come back with a 2 or 3 (scores range from 1 to 5, and the scorings are backwards - 1 is BEST, 5 is WORST). Our sightreading was OK (where you play random music for the first time), but we messed up on our performance :( I'll let you know when we get the scores back!

Have a good weekend! Gracie and I will try to Blogtime as much as we can. :) Share, Subscribe, Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment